Chapin High School will participate in the annual PSAT/NMSQT Test on Wednesday, October 19th. Please make plans to be here that day, please refrain from scheduling doctors or dentist appointments that day and make every effort to be on time.
All freshmen and sophomores will be taking the practice test.
Juniors, will take the PSAT/NMSQT on Wednesday, October 19th. When you take the PSAT/NMSQT, you’re automatically screened for the National Merit® Scholarship Program, an academic competition for recognition and scholarships. The PSAT 10 and PSAT 8/9 are not considered for entry.
Today, you are receiving the Official Student Guide to the PSAT/NMSQT. It includes practice questions and information for students and parents to prepare for October 19th.
Test Day Checklist -There are only a few things you really need to bring on test day and a lot of things you’ll be better off leaving at home.
What to Bring
- Two No. 2 pencils with erasers
- Valid school- or government-issued photo ID (for students not testing at their own school and home-schooled students).
What Not to Bring
- Any devices, including smart watches, that can be used to record, transmit, receive or play back audio, photographic, text, or video content
- Protractors, compasses, rulers
- Highlighters, colored pens, colored pencils
- Pamphlets or papers of any kind
- Dictionaries or other books — there are no exceptions, even if English is not your first language
- Food and drinks — including bottled water will be allowed only during testing breaks